HE IS THE HOPE OF THE HOPELESS
Job 14:7-10- For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant. But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?
No man dies until he gives up the ghost. As long as the Holy Ghost is in you, you cannot die. And as long as you are alive, there is hope for a better future. For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion, Ecclesiastes 5:4. Daily communion with the Holy Spirit brings hope even in an hopeless situation.
When most Christians pray, they ask for a continued enjoyment of the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God. However, very few Christians work towards consistent communion with the Holy Spirit even though He is the present God of this dispensation. If the Holy Spirit, who is in charge of the present dispensation, is despised, judgment is attracted. See Hebrews 10:28-29-
He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
You worship the Holy Spirit by calling Him and praising Him through your knowledge of His activities. The extent to which you can interact with an individual depends on the extent of your knowledge of Him. The more you know the Holy Spirit, the better your relationship with Him will be. Below are seven ways you can daily enjoy sweet communion with the Holy Spirit:
- By acknowledging the reality of His presence in you by being conscious of Him in your heart. Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (1Corinthians 3:16). What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (1Corinthians 6:19). In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:6).
- By always appreciating Him by communicating to Him the reality of His activity e.g. Letting Him know that He is your teacher and that you depend on Him for knowledge.
- By getting Him involved in all that you do by talking with him e.g. Holy Spirit I am going out, let’s go together
- By asking Him questions for which you are expecting an answer
- By deliberately listening quietly with an intention to hear from Him thoughts that could light on your mind. If you are used to His thoughts, before you know it, you will be able to hear His voice.
- By praying in tongues with a mindset that you are talking to Him in your heart. He that speaketh in unknown tongues speaketh unto God (1Corinthians 14:2). This must be done with a strong consciousness of the indwelling presence of God. (Pray in tongues with your mind focused on who God is, what He has done and what He can do).
7. Whisper His name- As you speak softly and quietly, and whisper His name lovingly, you will feel a tingling sensation indicating His presence with you.